5 Major Differences between Rapid Eye Technology and EMDR
Why Choose Rapid Eye Technology instead of EMDR?
Rapid Eye Technology assists the brain and body to release stress and trauma through blinking.
- Rapid Eye Technology processes multiple memories in a session, and EMDR processes one memory and at times only parts of the single memory.
- Rapid Eye Technology processes all senses—auditory, taste, smell, touch, feel, sight, sense as well as the re-creation of the pattern whereas EMDR processes auditory only.
- Rapid Eye Technology uses an eye tracking device with multiple movements over 20 movements to access various areas of memories in the brain and body whereas EMDR uses only one movement.
- Rapid Eye Technology only requires that a client blink and move their eyes whereas EMDR requires a client speak about the memory or incident.
- A client does not have to re-experience or re-live a traumatic memory or experience in a Rapid Eye Technology session whereas many EMDR sessions dive into the trauma memory or experience, and the client re-lives it and may at times be re-victimized.